Friday 4 November 2011

Er, we've, ah...

Somewhere, a kookaburra. They say this place is haunted. I don't know about that but this little bird sounds pretty freaked. It's gone midnight and I'm not sure what I'm doing here. Charlie disappeared half an hour ago, said he was going to check on the sub. Even if he had a sub I'm not sure it could get up the canal. If it can get up the canal, why then did we pay to get in? In fact the canal is technically outside the zoo so Charlie will have had to climb through the hunting dog enclosure and over the fence to check on it, then back in the same way. I guess it doesn't make sense.

Before he went off he told me I was too placid. I said yeah, like one of those tigers. He said no, like a sloth. Then he ran off. Hope he's alright.

When I said earlier that they say this place is haunted, I should have said Charlie says that they say that this place is haunted. Does that make sense? He wasn't clear by whom it's haunted. At one point he seemed to be saying that because there is no animal heaven or hell, and because they live their lives in captivity, all the animals that die here can never leave. I pointed out that at least they'd only be haunting their own cages. Charlie said no, the ghost animals escape when the handlers enter. I'm not sure why they can't escape the zoo entirely. Something about the turnstiles.

Not seen any ghost animals yet. Lots of funny noises but I put that down to it being a zoo. Hope Charlie's okay. It's been a few hours now. Getting light soon. Bit of a dilemna: Either I find somewhere to hide to wait until the zoo opens to the public, or I head for the sub. Charlie would be angry if I don't go find him. I'd better go find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment