Thursday 3 November 2011

Enact the Dragon

"Sometimes I forget, you know, like Melissa. I forget what else there is. She's a gerbil on a wheel that one, and it's her wheel, no one else's. She doesn't even know there are other wheels. Well, maybe she does. What, wait, there are no wheels! Or is there just one? Might be; there might be loads. But it's not a wheel.

What the hell am I talking about? Enough Melissa. She's not important. Let's get back to me. What was the question? Ah yes: Why did I shoot?

I suppose the first thing to say is that he deserved it. Can we take that as a given? The second thing is that I don't know for sure. I mean, I was angry and not a little flustered. I get like that sometimes. There was a moment where it could have gone either way. As it happened it went this way. This way, this time, here, there.

He went down clutching his knee, screaming a bit, screaming a lot. Your guys turned up pretty soon after. I guess the whole block heard him. And the shot too I suppose.

It might not have happened. As I said, there was a moment when it could have gone either way. Maybe it did. Maybe...hell, whatever. That's what happened. I pulled the trigger. I was turning the wheel if you like. This wheel anyway. Hell, let's not get into this again. Let's just say this: My little furry body on little, stumpy legs pegging it for all I was worth. Driven by fear maybe, wild terror in my little red eyes, heart rate of 150 or something. What was I thinking? Run, I guess. Could I have stopped? And then what?"

No comments:

Post a Comment