Saturday 19 November 2011

Entry Point, Easy

"No one has ever met me.
I'm a voice, unique in the chatter.
To some I'm a father or a brother.
To others I'm feet up, ashtray, slippers, cup of tea.
I'm the highlight, I'm life or death.
I'm nostalgia, I'm paramount. I'm incidental.
I'm not that guy, I'm the other guy.
I'm neutral, the smell of one's own body.

Occasionally I'm the voice to which one oughtn't listen,
The voice which says do things that oughtn't be done.
Of course I'm not. I'm a disguise.
Still, some of these things are done.
I take no responsibility, not for that.

I'm the voice that has never been whole,
Devoid of opinion, a flat report, a level plain.
Free from passion I remained.
I'm the voice now abandoned, left to posterity
Framing this life that never was mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment