Thursday 20 October 2011

Sensational and Red

"Nobody would have noticed the work that was going on beneath their feet even had they been alert, and they weren't. The music pounded devoid of life and the strobe reduced reality to an analogue simplicity, digestible for the modern mind.

I was one of them of course and I would be nowhere else. When I'm told that modern physics implies previously unknown dimensions, seven or eight by all accounts, I listen in wonder. Then I thank someone else's god I can't see them. I mean thank fuck for that. Most days I struggle to tie my laces. Can you imagine how complicated that would be, viewed in twelve dimensions. Fuck.

Set yourself parameters to live by; that's freedom. Without setting limits you're just going to dilute, get so thin you're invisible. You might get so thin that you forget these four dimensions and find yourself lost in those other eight. Then what? Who's going going to lead you back then? Might be you're all alone.

Well, I've been alone, and I've been led back. To Genevieve!"

Groom's speech by William S. Simpson on the occasion of his eighth marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment